HTI – Hiring Strategies for a New Reality – Download pdf
- Plan for the future.
- Modify business plans given what has happened – build in flexibility to accommodate changing landscape.
- Determine how to retain talent during these times – be creative in your approach!
- Evaluate what additional talent you need to fill gaps.
- Approach this as an opportunity to attract talent that may not have been available otherwise.
- Embrace that Virtual Meetings are the reality of today.
- Get creative and use technology to full advantage: one-on-one discussions, group video chats, screen sharing & presentations, informal “coffee chats,” etc.
- Adjust your expectations to fit the current situation – remember that, just as your working environment has changed, so has theirs.
- Make sure you have a number of people speaking to them as “culture champions,” just as you would during an in-person interview.
- Build a team strategy early on.
- Create an onboarding team that can lead the onboarding process to allow the new hires to learn processes and standard practices.
- Schedule regular check-ins to keep connected.