Hobbs & Towne, Inc. (“HTI”, “We”, “Us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to HTI, will be processed by HTI in connection with our recruitment process. Please read the following carefully to understand HTI’s views and recruiting practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
This Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data of job applicants and potential candidates for employment. As used in this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means information that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment with [client], either submitted as part of the online application and/or through alternative channels.
What Information do we collect from you?
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information needed to assess your eligibility through the different stages of recruitment:
- Information that you directly provide through correspondence, including through an online job site (i.e., Public company published data, LinkedIn), via email, in person at interviews, and/or by any other method;
- In particular, HTI processes personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth, telephone number, personal photo;
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience, information relating to your employment history, educational background, CV;
- Sensitive personal data is a subset of personal data and includes ethnicity, health, trade union membership, philosophical beliefs, political opinions, sexual orientation, as well as other categories as prescribed by law. We do not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about a candidate unless permitted to do so by applicable laws (e.g., US equal opportunity monitoring).
Why does Hobbs & Towne, Inc. process personal data?
We use your personal data to match your skills, experience and education with a potential employer. We will initially collect basic information on you such as contact details, job role and experience. If we feel there is a match between your past experiences and our client’s requirements, we will reach out to assess your interest. If you choose to go through to the next stage we will then be collecting more information from you at the interview (or equivalent) stage and onwards in that manner.
We need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is mandatory to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts. HTI has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
How long does Hobbs & Towne, Inc. keep data?
We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to be considered for other potential positions. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Where do we store your personal data?
We use Clockwork Recruiting, an online application to assist with HTI’s recruitment process. We use Clockwork to process personal information as a data processor on HTI’s behalf. Clockwork is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with HTI’s instructions.
Clockwork provides HTI with the facility to link the data you provide to Us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
In particular, your data may be accessible to i) Clockwork Recruiting’s staff in the USA or ii) may be stored by Clockwork’s hosting service provider on servers in the USA as well as in the EU. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. A Data Processor Agreement has been signed between Clockwork Recruiting and its subcontractors, and between Clockwork Recruiting and its servers. These data processor agreements are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Who has access to data?
We share your personal data with our clients in order to determine whether you are a potential fit for the client’s available positions.
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment process. This includes members of HTI and the HR and recruitment team, and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We may also share your personal data with providers that assist us in administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, such as former employers to obtain references for you and employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks.
As a data subject, you have the right to:
- Request access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- Request correction of any incorrect or incomplete data which HTI holds;
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no compelling reason for us continuing to use it;
- Object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities);
- Withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data where we do so in reliance on your consent. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal data for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law;
- Request the restriction of use of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the use of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for using it;
- Request the transfer of the personal data you have provided, on the basis of consent or for a contract with us, to you or a third party where technically feasible;
- Lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with our national data protection regulator.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or further copies of the same information.
- Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can.
This privacy notice was last updated in July 2018. Any changes we may make to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on our website and notified to you as otherwise required by Data Protection Law.
philadelphia • san francisco • new york • los angeles • toronto • london